Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Thursday 16 May 2013

The Tatton Park Visit - The Beginning

Going down to the park was actually a much ebtter plan overall that first anticipated. The park is bigger than the large Lyme Park and the Platt Fields, and gave a much richer and diverse oppertunity to explore the area, and encounter a wider range of "incidents" or "landmarks"

Entry to the Grounds:

When I arrived, it instantly brought a rush of memories from when I used to visit the park in the past. I've been here for walks as a kid, with my grandparents, and even once to see a big 80s themed concert.

Nostalgia was the main feeling (alongside some pre-deadline anxiety) as I wandered into the first section of the grounds.





After the old early victorian / Georgian Archway entrance, the grounds simply open up into acres of stunning land. I made my way across the fields, taking pictures of the many trees in the area (famed for their age) and also got some Deer shots in, (one of two breeds that live in the park).

I again remembered a story my grandmother told me of their dog Drake, chasing the deer and being picked up by a ranger and taken away, much to their shock.




The Lake was another point of interest. It's directly under the flightpath of the not-so-far-away Manchester Air-port, and the amount of low flying planes going over the park is regular, as seen in the pictures. Looking closer at the reeds however, showed a nest of some strange moor hen like birds, and various knotted trees alongside the bank.







I continued down the main path of the lake, taking pictures of the bricks that had been used to create a footing alongside the river, and the grassy hills leading up and around this particular section of the park.

Most of the trees that I encountered were incredibly old, and had been listed and tagged as being some of the oldest in the North West. The particular Tree I was leaning on in the pictures below, was one of them. I admire the many different textures of the area, and this could possibly prove an interesting point of exploration regarding the responses for the Zine.









I continued onwards away from the lake to explore the other side of the park...

No comments :

Post a Comment