Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Thursday 16 May 2013

Drifter - Responses 2

This zine focuses more of the natural form side of the trip. 

I decided to explore possibilities regarding the 800+ year old trees and their forms around the area, since I don't normally draw trees or natural forms in general and thought it to be a cool response, in terms of intricacy. 

Responses: 






- The first two images relate to the silhouetted arms of the trees, and how they constantly loomed over me while I was there. 

- The cracked tree seen in the next one down actually began to break around me, when the wind picked up. Another incident of nature I can record. 

- The final two relate to two possible images, involving the hollowed tree trunks, and the endless path, another two important events in the flow of the trip. 









My responses above are the final pencil stage sketches for Drifter. I decided to dive in and sketch these, mainly due to wanting to keep the images very "developmental" and almost giving off the "half process" vibe. 

I'm pleased with how they look overall, and could do with some digital editing to enhance them. 

This particular zine will stick to black and red, with my work sticking to a crisp black and white. 



No comments :

Post a Comment