Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Thursday 16 May 2013

Journey - Submission Progression and Final Work

Not long after the previous Ampersand deadline, the second risograph zine (Journey) also comes to a close. I decided to keep with the previous ideas of an illustrative "mash-up", I began to draw the elements of the images out in higher quality, then begin to photoshop them together into a montage of my journey to Kidderminster. Here are some examples: 







Journey To The Midlands: 

The work is simply a visual pin up of various elements that made an important journey, to see an important person in my life recently. The trains, music, video gaming, and the converted hotel/mill, are all key elements that made the trip important to me. 

I've enjoyed this work the most (so far) in terms of creation, since it's comic aesthetic is something that not only appeals to both of us, but creates a connection between the art and us personally. It shows how a journey can bloom into other areas of life. 


No comments :

Post a Comment