Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Friday 17 May 2013

The Upcoming Zine Fayre! - Risograph and it's issues! - Our Zine's Looks!

Time has flown by since the last post, and I'm finally coming back up to date with posting too! 

As the project work flies forward in full swing, our Fayre Committee have crafted this fantastic poster for our event: 


With  a printing press drawn by by my fellow teammate Steph, and the poster then taken to be Risographed, This was the awesome result. I'm incredibly pleased with the general aesthetic of the work, and massive kudos to them for taking time to create it! 

Minor Risograph Issues: 

It's finally come the time to get our work printed and cut down to A5 for the zine, however today, we had a small problem. The overall colour schemes for each zine require certain colours, which annoyingly, are not currently available and are out of stock! 

Personally I thought the priority week of the Zine creation would include a bigger availability, however this wasn't the case. 

I've decided to print my work out the expensive way on the printers. 

This is a big frustration, since it's not only going to cost us more, overall, but it's going to loose the aesthetic I was after, with the half tone patten. 

Sadly these things happen, and I've got to get printing my work out. 

The Zine Layout: 

After another short meeting, we decided to discuss exactly how the zine would look and function. Below are some quick notes I made in my sketchbook on the subject, looking into the size, and how / where the text would be placed. We decided on making darker card covers, with an inch margin on the top for stitching, and some original letterpressed covers, that Beth kindly offered to create. Overall, I think we can pull it off!


Now, the final step involves actually sorting the work and getting the prints done in time. It's a busy time, but we are going to do our best to create everything in time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment