Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Friday 17 May 2013

Drifter and Playscape - The Final Submission Outcomes

 The silhouette tree branches - 
Representing how I was loomed over by the many 800 year old trees on the big Tatton Park trip. 
 The Cracked Tree - 
A particularly old tree with a smooth crack down the center, which began to break as the wind picked up, and caused it to shake. 
  Representing how the path home never seemed to end, my personal favourite image deals with that very subject. 

The hollowed tree trunk simply represents one of the many old dying trees in the area, and was a great test of how to incorporate inking and textures in an overall work. 














It's been great fun drawing and responding to the Drifter Zine. Overall, I feel like I've managed to alter my visual language to a more "rough" aesthetic, rather that keeping the work 100% literal, which works well compared to my colleagues work. The Drifter Zine isn't as colourful as the Playscape one, but still keeps a brilliant ambiguity, on a more natural and darker sense. The fact that we ended up taking a trip to different areas was no problem at all, since the natural elements we all provided flow enough to replicate this through visual response. 

 Based from my earlier photo collage, this image deals with how I made my way through the natural elements. The image keeps that level of interaction obvious, and also more texture, to look like it's merging with the natural elements around. 
 The Horses sign and the collapsed tree, once again show change, and how that change was represented to me on the trip. The fact that the sign was very old and the original area that it was for had gone, represented this, through the "collapse" of the nearby old tree. 
 With a looming plane flying overhead, this "block item" interrupts the flow of the natural images below it, causing a disturbance of sorts. With the planes going over regularly, I thought this would be a good chance to visually represent this from the outing. 
The bricks under the tree have a similar theme to the horses picture, showing a living tree, next to a damaged one. It grows over the brickwork, showing how in this instance, various man made elements have failed in the face of the natural progression. 












The Overall Feeling: 

I think the level ambiguity has definitely been captured in the works, and the fact that I was able to differentiate two different styles and themes for each zine was a difficult task, considering how I ended up going to a completely different place. The work itself has also taken a very sketchy "rebellious" route, compared to my regular work, making me feel like i've achieved a greater understanding for composition. It seems to be able to represent a better feeling for the area this way. I've really enjoyed working on the project! 


No comments :

Post a Comment