Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Journey Zine Submission - Update on ideas

When I looked into various Zines that were open to the group for submission. The Journey Zine was first and foremost one of the most interesting Zines that popped up. 

With such a broad and simple objective of creating an A5 work that responds to the word "Journey" in any way at all, I felt an urge to explore how it could unfold. 

From One Link to Another: 

Sine I want my Zine work to keep a "rough and rebellious" aesthetic across the entire unit X project (as discussed in previous posts), I thought initially about making an image, that was an A5 black and white illustration, resembling something personal to me. 

The first Idea revolves around a recent trip I took to Worcester, to see my girlfriend. This was the first "journey" down, and it was also a very recent and important trip made, so I think I could maybe derive something from it visually.  

 The industrial town of Kidderminster still holds a very victorian era layout, and many converted buildings and streets. 
 A little dilapidated in areas, and also rough, but still holds many visual possibilities (Notice the tower on these two pictures) which belongs to an old mill, which I saw everyday waking up.  
The town still thrives on it's train routes and import/export layout. 










After returning from the trip, and having a great time with my girlfriend, as we wandered about, I thought I could maybe represent various different aspects of our own events into the image. 

Aspects I would Like to Use: 

- The tower and mill exterior hotel, where I stayed. 
- Myself and my girlfriend 
- Possibly the nod towards Iron Man 3, the first film we watched 
- A big emphasis on the never ending train journey down. 
- Our shared passion for video gaming, and how we met through it 
- A nod towards the music I endlessly listened to across the journey down. 


I will continue to explore possibilities of these sketches as the project carries onward. 

No comments :

Post a Comment