Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Ampersand Progression - My Ideas

The symbol itself holds so many possibilities for a graphic however, I want to try to create something with a little more meaning to it, in terms of another subject, or something.


 

After doing some sketches, I felt like maybe incorporating a human element. Above, was a simple design to represent "adding to another conversation, or inputting your own opinion" by raising your hand. 

I also made some notes on the symbol. It has a kind of cult-like aesthetic to it, like a symbol to secretly rally behind in some form. 


More progression: 

What if the symbol was like the old black spot from Treasure Island? "the revenge of the ampersand society!" 

Keeping with the culty element, i came up with a design that involves a hand of a "victim" that had been taken by the ampersand society  which i really liked, in terms of "how someone viewing the image might react". 

The opposite design was a different approach. We have a couple, and a friend, who feels left out, and shadowed. He has the ampersand on his chest, showing its them AND him. It didn't really seem any different from my regular comic work, and I thought it best to dive over to the former design for progression, since it's a different route. 

But where could I go with this? I decided to bring that discarded  photograph from the previous ampersand post, and actually try to incorporate it into a work, throwing in some digital hints. 

Where I am so far: 


My goal is to class this "Rough and Rebellious" zine image as the digital collage, attempting to combine simple techiques to convey a bigger message. 

No comments :

Post a Comment