Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Journey Progression - My Ideas

Taking the Journey into different areas: 

 Early sketches for a vague idea of wanting to include elements of myself, the train, the steel mill, into a picture. At this point I was uncertain of how to pull this off. 
 After drawing various versions of possible figures, my attention turned to how I could actually represent all those required, listed elements into one image. 

on the far right, we have a spiral of train carriages  alongside the mill in the background. A simple "pin up" of various events, with myself and my girlfriend as the central figures. It's a nice idea, but needs to branch out further. 


 Moved onto another character sheet. Drawing myself was pretty difficult (and rather self centered), but should make a rather handy pun in the final image. I moved from a simplified figure, to a more realistic one.







After exploring the figure options, I moved onto adding other elements, such as video game controllers, an iron man reference, and different ways of arranging the building and train carriages  with different patterns. I also had a cool idea of adding "street lamp ipod headphones" along the side, giving another dimension to the mashup. This time, we are walking toward something, rather than floating, which seems to give a firmer ground in a chaotic work. 



I moved onto two final designs, showing the twisting train as a path to Kidderminster, with the headphones and the street lamps, the hotel converted mill, and myself and my girlfriend wandering either toward or away from the scene. I also decided that the game controllers would make a nice repeated pattern across the skyline. 

I've decided to work towards refining one of these two works into a sketchy black and white image (as part of the zine rules), as my submission, that will hopefully inspire some wonder or questioning, and work alongside the other submissions, into showing how we can illustrate "Journey".

No comments :

Post a Comment