Brainstorming

Brainstorming
(all images featured for non profit, educational purposes)

Thursday 2 May 2013

Oliver Jeffers - A Special Lecture

Background: 

Born in Australia, but from Northern Ireland, the super creative Jeffers visited us and gave a lecture on his work, and how he progressed to where he was today. 

His range of books have been slowly built from a visual language progression, through his university training, inspirations from the everyday, and his burning desire to further himself and try new things. 





The examples above were featured in his talk, as he showed us various tips, and how he works. 

His range as a painter however is broad, and the way he interacts with colour, and puts it to use in a visual story, is something I want to try to capture myself, in my Zine work. 

The way the characters interact with a background, the use of line art and simplistic colour, make a bold impact in their own right. 

He told us to not give up, and to remember that no idea is original, alongside other tips such as not fearing space, (something I do alot) 


I hope that my work style can take a good lesson from what he taught us, and that i'll be able to fully master composition arrangement.

I believe that the key thing to take from his talk was to not be afraid of the blank space in an image. How could it possibly aid the work? what chould go there? where could my work branch out to? and to whom?

No comments :

Post a Comment